The first question is, of course, why choose porcelain over natural stone?
And it’s a good question, clearly at Global Stone we love natural stone and it has a huge number of unique benefits. Each piece is individual with its beauty lying in its texture and colour, which has been crafted by years of geographical processes rather than any artificial influence, and they continue to age with character to truly suit the outdoors.
But because porcelain is manmade from natural materials it has a number benefits which suit the more modern way of living in the UK today including.
Benefits of Porcelain
It is highly resistant to:
- Severe weather changes including severe temperature changes, frost and cold weather
- Impact of acid, chemicals, salts, oils, fertilizers, plant treatment products etc
- Damage from mould or moss
- It maintain its characteristics, both technically and aesthetically over time, which means it will not fade in the sun, so if you buy “black” it will still be black in 5 or 10 years time.
- It provides a low maintenance paving solution which;
- Requires no additional treatments to be applied, such as sealants
- Is easy to clean. As porcelain does not absorb spillages you need only use a mild detergent and a jet wash to clean it
- It is extremely hard wearing and strong and is therefore suitable for both driveways and pathways
Key features of Porcelain
- Available in a variety of sizes and styles, including large pavers which meet the increase in demand of larger formats and which are quicker to lay and ideally suited to the more contemporary designs of today
- The pavers have anti-slip textured surfaces, making them safer in even wet weather
- A range of complementary products are available such as steps, corners, grating and L-Shapes enabling designs to be finished to high standards
- Our porcelain ranges are also available in matching indoor items, allowing you to create contemporary indoor-outdoor living spaces
- Low level water absorption, this is because porcelain is harder than ceramic and although both are made from clay and other naturally occurring materials fired in a kiln, the clay used to make porcelain tile is more refined and purified
- It is laid using traditional standard laying techniques, so specialists are not required
- Designed and produced in Italy, widely considered the experts in porcelain and adhere to all European product, safety and environmental standards
Why choose porcelain?
We believe our porcelain products are not only beautiful but offer unbeatable durability, strength and ease of maintenance, making them ideal for our customers to use in a wide range of modern garden paving, drive and patio solutions. To see our current range visit Petrous Porcelain Collection.
Find your nearest Stockist here