About Global Stone
Global Stone is an award-winning leading provider of superior natural stone and porcelain paving solutions.
For over 20 years we are delighted to have built strong, long-standing and mutually beneficial relationships with our colleagues, partners and customers. We source our products from Europe, Asia and South America and we are always seeking the best quarries, craftsmen and suppliers while being both respectful and acting responsibly towards the countries, communities and places within which we work.
Our deep sense of fairness extends to our suppliers and customers with the belief it will benefit future generations: our underlying intention is to ensure that we all benefit from working together.
From traditional riven sandstone to large format contemporary porcelain all our products are of the best quality and ethically sourced, encompassing the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility.
The Global Stone Group's Commitment to the Sustainability and Ethical Responsibility.
The Global Stone Group is a leading provider of natural stone and porcelain products for the construction and landscaping industries. With a secure supply chain and strict quality control measures, the group offers the UK’s widest range of paving products that are ethically sourced and packaged with care.
As part of its commitment to sustainability, the Global Stone Group has invested in a number of initiatives to decrease its carbon footprint and improve environmental awareness. This includes the installation of a 4.75 Mega Watts wind turbine and a photovoltaic solar power plant at production facilities, as well as the use of hybrid or 100% battery-powered company vehicles.
The group is also actively working to reduce waste packaging in both India and the UK and has implemented a water filtration plant on-site to recycle water. Furthermore, 100% of the group’s energy usage in India is met through sustainable means, with any overuse being sold to the Indian State Government. The Global Stone Group is dedicated to promoting sustainable practices and ensuring the health and safety of its employees and suppliers. With senior management in both the UK and India, the group regularly audits both its own sites and those of its suppliers to ensure that its sustainability, health and safety, and ethical trading and modern slavery policies are strictly followed. The group is also working to become fully UKCA-compliant by 2023.
The Global Stone Group strives to offer a majority of its products from ethical and sustainable sources, using BSCI/SA 8000-certified factories. This certification verifies that the production process adheres to standards for fair labour practices, human rights, and environmental protection. As a result, customers can have confidence in the quality and responsible sourcing of the products they receive from the Global Stone Group.
View our certificates below;
Click on Logo to view our Certificates
The Global Stone Group is committed to trading relationships that are commercially viable and ethical. Whilst we do not belong to any organisations ourselves, we support fair trade and operate with suppliers who comply with our ethical trading policy. We regularly appraise our suppliers against these criteria. This policy sets out the minimum labour standards that we expect our suppliers to comply with:
• Employment is freely chosen.
• Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
• Child Labour is not used (child meaning below the age of 14 years old, unless local minimum age law stipulates a higher age of work or mandatory schooling, in which case the higher age shall apply).
• Wages and benefits meet the minimum standard.
• Working hours are not excessive.
• No discrimination is practised.
• Human and Civil Rights are respected. The Global Stone Group visits and monitors all aspects of the supply chain, including quality, working conditions and general employment practices. We aim to deliver products manufactured to the highest technical and ethical standards.The Global Stone Group is committed to the following principles:
• To treat employees fairly and equitably.• To operate ethically and with integrity.
• To respect basic human rights.
• To sustain the environment for future generations.
• To be a caring neighbour in the community.